Ewing’s Sarcoma Research Trust Fundraising terms and conditions
In these terms and conditions:
a. “We”, “us” or “ESRT” means Ewing’s Sarcoma Research Trust.
b. “You” or “fundraisers” means you, acting in your capacity as an individual fundraising for Ewing’s Sarcoma Research Trust.
Thank you for your interest in raising much needed funds for ESRT. We take the raising and use of funds seriously, and are totally committed to passionate, fair fundraising and ensuring that funds raised by fundraisers are put to the best possible use in funding research. We’re heavily indebted to you, and fundraisers like you, for committing to raise funds for us.
To make sure that funds can be put to good use efficiently and effectively, we have a number of terms and conditions for fundraisers. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and you are therefore required to comply with them:
Promoting your event
- You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of ESRT. We also run our own, ESRT-run events. To make sure that the public at large are aware of your relationship with ESRT, you should always refer to raising money “in aid of” ESRT, rather than on ESRT’s behalf.
- Fundraisers often reach out to us for advice or guidance before undertaking fundraising activity, and we are often able to help by providing guidance. You agree that you shall comply with any instructions or guidance provided by ESRT relating to your fundraising activity.
Paying for your event and risk management
- You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
- If you are holding an event at a hired venue, you agree to follow the advice of venue staff and/or any equipment manufacturers or operators.
- Prior to conducting an event, you agree to consider potential risks and control those risks in relation to you, helpers or guests. Helpful guidance on completing risk assessments can be found on the Health & Safety Executive website.
- You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
- You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol. Further information about holding a raffle or lottery can be found on the Gambling Commission’s website.
- ESRT cannot take responsibility for the events organised by all fundraisers – we are proud that so many individuals fundraise for us, but we cannot possibly keep track of every event or activity organised to raise funds for us. You therefore acknowledge and accept that any insurance policy held by ESRT will not cover your fundraising activities.
- Public collections (which take place in a public place) are regulated and must be licensed by a local authority (e.g. a local council). You agree to contact your local authority before conducting any public collection and obtain the relevant consents and licenses, as well as confirm any insurance requirements needed by that authority.
- Private collections (i.e. on privately-owned land) do not require local authority permission. You agree to obtain the permissions of the owner of the premises prior to conducting any private collection.
ESRT’s brand and reputation
- Charities like ESRT are heavily reliant upon the trust placed in us by the public. You will not do anything that threatens ESRT’s reputation or name. If you do, ESRT has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately and may take any further actions necessary to protect its reputation, including reporting activity to the relevant regulatory authorities.
- You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to ESRT as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with ESRT’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs or donations unless agreed in writing with ESRT.
Sponsorship and donations
- You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be found on the Charities Commission and HMRC websites:
14. Unless ESRT has provided you with branded materials as a result of your registration, you may only use the ESRT name and logo for your fundraising activities with our written permission. To apply for permission, you will need to let us know how you propose to use the ESRT name and/or logo on your own materials by emailing email@example.com, and provide us with examples and/or samples of such use if we request it.
Promotions and consent
- Personal data is protected under English law, and if you collect data in connection with your fundraising activity, you must take caution to ensure you comply with data protection laws. You agree to ensure any electronic or paper record you keep about people involved with your activity, as a helper or guest, complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. For details on how to comply, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- We like to share photos of events to show what a great job our fundraisers do. If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to ESRT, you agree that these may be used by ESRT for commercial and/or fundraising purposes.
- ESRT is also bound by certain rules and regulations relating to data protection and privacy. By sending photographs or videos to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
- If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
- You agree that ESRT can use details provided by you via email, phone, social media or VirginMoneyGiving to discuss your fundraising activity with you and follow up on your progress.